Sunday, February 24, 2013

CLAIRE TURNS 3!

Claire's birthday is my favorite holiday of the year! I always know I am going to get a little stressed out planning it but I just feel like birthdays are so special. It is your only day that is all yours. Even though I know Claire probably won't remember these birthdays,  I still want her to have the best time ever, even if its only for that day, I was so happy we had so much family in town for her party. We decided to do a girly superhero party since there were going to be so many girls and boys there. I thought it turned out cute and was so much fun. Unfortunately, the weather did not want to cooperate and of course it was freezing cold when we rented a bounce house. The kids may have all left with colds but I think they still had fun.

When the kids walked in there was a table with their superhero gear for each one of them. it included a cape, mask, arm bands and a belt and every kid was a different superhero.
Once everyone was dressed we headed downstairs for their photo-op. We had a background and lots of fun superhero props. It was hard to fit all the kids in one pic but we got a few good pictures.





After the kids could not handle one more picture we all headed upstairs to eat. We had hero hoagies and lots of other yummy food!

When the kids couldn't handle being stuck inside anymore we let them go out and freeze their booties off in the bounce house. 



Even grandma joined in on the action!
Once everyone was numb from the cold, they all came inside to open presents. Claire got so many fun presents that she was so excited for!


Then it was back outside to break the pinata. This was one of my favorite things. I loved the superhero girl pinata and I have loved pinatas since I was a little kid and who doesn't love candy!



With too much candy to even carry, we headed back inside to blow out the candles and eat some treats! (it was a lot of in and out of the house!)

There were kryptonite rock candies, ring POPs, POP rocks and jars that looked like buildings with candy inside of them.
We also had cupcakes, batman and lighting bolt cookies and red velvet cake bites.... needless to say we had a lot of treats and a lot of fun! I am so sad that it is all over but can't wait to start planning next years!





No comments:

Post a Comment